Not So Typical Lessons Learned

First, I want to say thank you for all of the prayers, FB post, text and calls. I am home spending some quality time in bed. I wish I could sleep because I am exhausted, but unfortunately my lungs are very sore and sleep just isn't happening. So why not blog, right?

Lets start where it all began. Saturday morning Marshal and I started our Saturday the same as we do every Saturday, making a game plan for the weekend. I can't even get out of bed on Saturday until the plan has been made. Any way in those plans cleaning the house was scheduled for Monday, with grocery store and lake scheduled for Saturday. We went to the store and came home and all I could think about was getting to the lake as soon as possible so I put away the cold stuff and left everything else all over my kitchen. We ran around the house throwing shoes and clothes every which way just trying to get out of the house as soon as possible. My very last thought before leaving the house was " man I hope nothing happens because I would be so mortified if anyone ever saw my house looking like this". Well there was my first mistake.

Great day on the lake. Had so so much fun. Around 7:30 we decide it's time to put the boat up and head home. We were in the jeep, no top, no doors which I am so in love with. We round the conner onto Walnut in downtown Rogers when Marshal says what is that smell. Well my smart kids put towels over their noses and me well, lets just say no one ever said I was the smartest cookie in the cookie jar. Seriously why do you think God have me a blonde child? Any way I take in several big sniffs all the while thinking man that is so strong and so awful. Lesson number two: when you are married to the administrator of public safety never ever ever sniff when he says what is that smell followed by that just isn't right.

He immediately calls Rogers dispatch and while he is on the phone dispatch takes a call from the plant about the leak. By the time he got off the phone I started getting very nauseous so he pulled over so I could get sick. Now here is when you might think he would get out and hold my hair and take care of me. Ha! No he gets on the phone with the fire chief and who even knows who else while I am puking in the parking lot directly across from Take Two Video and Adult store. Wow talk about weirdos staring at you like you are the weirdo- fun times.

M wants to call an ambulance but of course I refuse to allow that. Problem was I just kept getting worse. I started coughing and couldn't stop and soon it became very difficult to breathe.

He takes me to the hospital and at that point I couldn't argue. Now this is probably my favorite part of the whole night.
Remember how we were coming home from the lake? My stubborn husband loves to embarrass me and refused to put his shirt on before driving us home. Yes driving through downtown Rogers was embarrassing enough with my topless man but being carried into the hospital by my husband wearing nothing but swim trunks, well words simply can't explain how exciting that was for me. Lesson number three: never ever get in the vehicle with my husband when he refuses to wear a shirt. He really will take you into a public places with no shame.

Lesson number four: The emergency staff really does work quickly when the need arises. I have always thought you could probably die waiting on them in the waiting rooms of those places. There was no waiting room for me. Within minutes I had five doctors/ nurses all over me and another 10 hospital staff members in the hall staring at me. I am noticing a staring theme here. When I am looking that beautiful in my been on the lake all day now in a hospital gown glory why wouldn't you want to look at me. Of course the thing that was running through my mind was I am barely covered up in this thin gown as it is and they are pulling it up, down and to the side in all directions. Why must we have the door open??? They stuck me with needles and stuck monitors all over me (Literally I had 9 monitor stickers and three needle pokes. Ugh ugh ugh!)




( so glad M took a picture for the beautiful memories oh and so I could also see how great I was looking-ha!)

They took x-rays of my lungs and discover I apparently have abnormally long lungs. Huh ok thanks I guess? And they were also a little taken back by the fact my typical blood pressure is always very low.

I was so thankful to have a friend come pick up the kids in the middle of all of this and take them home. Thank you Chuck! We love you so much!!! However, remember my earlier statement about my house? Oh my mercy! I am so ridiculously embarrassed!

Any way in case you are wondering I am going to be just fine. They gave me a breathing treatment, monitored me for five hours and sent me home with a steroid inhaler. I have a follow up appointment scheduled and as long as I continue to improve they have no reason to think I suffered any permanent damage. Plus I got my very first ever breakfast in bed!!! Yay! Marshal even asked me what I wanted and didn't back down when my answer was my Grandmother's chocolate gravy.





Comments

Popular Posts