Weekend Redo

I felt like my Labor Day weekend was a total bust after the whole ammonia breathing thing. Ugh! So quickly on that: I am feeling much better for the most part. I still have times where I just can't breathe well. I went back to the doctor Wednesday and she said it could be three to four weeks before I feel normal. Not so Fun times. I get really frustrated not being able to just do what I want to do out if fear of my lungs hurting. Oh well super thankful that I am ok and going to be just fine soon enough.

Any way this weekend I planned to make up for all the resting I had to do last weekend.

Friday night, my fabulous friend Melissa, brought her little one up to visit and spend the night. It was sooooo wonderful to have her here. She and her husband travel for his job so they are never in one spot for very long, which means it is usually months and sometimes a year before I get to see her again. However, she is just one of those, well she said it best, real friends. I can absolutely always count on her and I just love her and her sweet family so much.


She even gave me an early birthday present. ( Which I so didn't deserve because I sent hers 3 months late. Yep I am the best. Ha! ) She is so sweet and thoughtful it really is beyond me how I got so lucky to have her as my friend.


Saturday, I somehow got the pleasure of taking Jaxton to soccer by myself. The fun thing about Jaxton's soccer is a parent has to stay on the field the entire time with their child. Yay me! Ha- I did have fun with Jaxton, but a soccer mom I am not.


Saturday night the kids spent the night with my parents so Marshal and I had date night. Double Yay for date night!





Sunday was the Third Grade Bible presentation at our church. The Methodist church has a tradition of giving children their very own bible as a gift from the church shortly after they enter third grade. I can remember getting my bible from my church when I was in the third grade. It was a special moment and I remember feeling so grown up. The fact that I now have a third grade child of my own is unbelievable. Ashlynn also felt just as grown up as I did. She was so excited. She couldn't wait to dig into her new bible. In school they have been learning all about non fiction text features so she felt super smart when she found the text features and used them to locate verses in her bible.








This weekend definitely made up for last. Thank goodness!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts