Blog catch up: Thanksgiving and Snowcation

I am finally getting caught up on my blogging. Life has been really testing me lately. My stress level has been more than I can handle and I have been so incredibly busy; I haven't even had time to process anything. I keep forgetting things that my organized self never would normally ( which is only adding to my stress) . All I can think is that my brain is like a bowl of skittles. The bowl can only hold so many skittles before they spill over. I am sorry if you've become one of my spilled skittles.


My resolution for 2014 is to make more time for me. Normally I would view that as very selfish, but the truth is I am not any good to anyone right now, which feels very selfish too.

Ok enough of that blah blah.

Thanksgiving this year will go down as one of my favorite. Marshal and I being only children, tends to make for very small family gatherings for the holidays. My mom however, is one of seven children, so I remember my holidays growing up being huge with lots of people around. Once my grandparents passed away no one got together anymore. The older I get the more I miss that. This Thanksgiving my parents hosted at my dad's cabin ( GeGe's Cabin as Jaxton likes to say.) My dad's parents came along with two of my mom's brothers and sister. ( yes Aunt Arene you escaped pictures this time.)





( Uncle Roger and Aunt Linda)





( Uncle Rudy and Aunt Nona)


( GeGe never wins the wish bone.)





We also went to Marshal's uncle Eddie's new house on Crow mountain. It is just beautiful and we got a nice long visit with his family. Thanksgiving definitely filled my love tank.

After our week long Thanksgiving break the weather decided we needed a little more time off and we got a Snowcation. Oh it was the best! I stayed home in yoga pants with no makeup the entire week and loved every minute of it. I know a lot of people were complaining about being stuck at home. Not me I was happy as a little lark. I did absolutely nothing. Ok maybe nothing is an exaggeration. I did make 8 blankets for the children's shelter.


( Thank goodness Effie got in the picture. She knows I am not really into selfies.)

Played in the snow.

















Made snow ice cream.


Drove through the fields in the jeep.





Went sledding.








And of course spent lots of time snuggling and taking warm bubble baths.





What's not to love about a Snowcation!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts