Magical

Ashlynn loves to dance. She loves performing even more. This year she received an invitation to audition to preform with the Moscow Ballet in their performance of The Nutcracker at the Walton Art Center. I was really nervous about this because I knew only 12 children in all of NWA were going to be chosen. I didn't want my daughter to be disappointed. I know negative thinking. I also had nothing to worry about because Ashlynn did awesome at her audition and got chosen to participate.


We were both thrilled! While not being anything even close to her experience, I was in a local performance of the Nutcracker as a little girl. I was so excited to have my daughter experience it too. ( Ashlynn was not impressed that I was a mouse....Ha)


I of course jumped at the opportunity to be one of the backstage moms. I am not sure who had more fun, Ashlynn or me. Ok I'll let Ashlynn win this one. It was however super neat seeing the behind the scenes view. I mean seriously, you haven't lived until you've seen a bunch of Russian ballerina men running around with nothing but white tights on. Ha! I didn't handle that very professionally. Lena and I giggled out loud and didn't even try to get control of ourselves.

There was so much to backstage that I had never thought of before. Hundreds of cords to make all those cool backdrops work.


Tons of people crammed into tiny spaces. And those ballerinas that look so beautiful and graceful on stage. Umm yeah not so much. Up close they are sweaty and gross.



It also surprised me how small the stage feels when on it. Sitting in the audience it seems so large.














Ashlynn got quite a bit of stage time. She was one of the children at the party scene. She loved every minute on stage. She said " when you are on that stage, it just feels magical." She honestly couldn't get enough of it.


( Grant and Paige are in Ashlynn's All That Dance company.)


(Group with there stage moms. )


I think she also loved all the star treatment she got after her performances.



(GeGe asking for her autograph. )





Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts