Bringing in the New Year in San Antonio

I have never been to San Antonio and I have always wanted to go. My parents went when I was younger. After hearing about how beautiful the Riverwalk area is, it has always been on my places to go list. I looked it up and Galveston was only a three hour drive away from San Antonio and the drive back to NWA was almost the exact same distant from San Antonio as it was from Galveston. Seemed like the perfect time to have a mini vacay there.

Oh I am so glad we went. I loved the Riverwalk area! I think we picked the perfect time to go. All of the Christmas lights made it just that much more beautiful. (My pictures are not even going to touch the beauty of it.) Not to mention the rocking New Years Eve festivities they had going on. Crazy fun concerts, dance parties, fireworks, carnival rides, street vendors and an estimated 250,000 people in the downtown area. Fun!!!











I was super pumped to have a friend living in the San Antonio area. Amy gave me the best restaurant suggestions. Casa Rio oh my yumminess and such an awesome atmosphere.











And without Amy I might have missed out on Lulu's and their 3 pound cinnamon roll. They have been featured on Man vs. Food and are # 2 travel channel's best breakfast. Hello baby!


In case you can't gauge the size of this sucker, check it out in front of Jaxton. Ha!


Before any of you start asking....No I didn't eat the whole thing. Not even close.

We also did the typical tourist thing.

Rode the river taxis.











Toured the Alamo.












We also went to Sea World. Depending on how you look at it, it was either a great time to go or a terrible time to go. There was hardly anyone there, so we didn't have to wait in line for anything. However, half of the rides were closed because they were water rides and it was too cold. We loved the rides we did go on and the shows were so fun.












































And ate at the Rainforest Cafe. I love that place.








A great little added vacation to our vacation. Now I am 4 hours away from getting home. Bring on the snow so I can have a vacation from my vacation, ha!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

  1. Oh, I am so glad you guys went to Casa Rio & Lulu's. :) Wish we could have met for lunch. Glad y'all had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts