Hairtastic

Last week we celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday at school. You know the usual, dress in a wacky way, wear your slippers, etc. Friday was wacky hair day. Marshal had a meeting Thursday night and I had already decided it was a cereal for dinner kind of night. ( I know best mother ever.) So when Ashlynn asked if she could play with my hair and design my wacky style for Friday, I plopped my happy butt right down on the couch and let her have at it. It isn't like I haven't already told y'all how much I like to have my hair played with. Really, it is kind of sad, because it's the one game I don't rush my children on, so I can get back to my mommy chores.

All is good until about 30 minutes into my style and all the sudden Ashlynn starts pulling, I mean seriously pulling, on the front of my hair. I am like "Whoa whoa whoa what are you doing? That hurts." She says " I know but I can't get this comb out." So I get up walk to the mirror and see this:


Ok no need to panic, right? I mean she put it in, surely it will come out the same way it went in. Well.....not so much. I worked and worked and worked to get it out. I started getting a little freaked out when it isn't even budging. Ok stay calm, Andrea. Ok forget calm. I can only see two choices at this point. I mean this thing is not coming out no matter what I try. I am either going to have to cut it out and have some really short rockin bangs. Or I am going to have to walk around with this comb stuck in my hair forever. Honestly, I can't decided. By this point Ashlynn is crying and I want to cry.

Thank heavens and all the lucky stars above, I have an amazing hair stylist neighbor. I called her up and after I have scared her half to death, thinking something has happened to her sweet kitty,Sir, ( who lives at my house half the time because my kids spoil him) I explain my problem. She graciously lets me and my sweet darlings come straight down. Laynette is absolutely adorable by the way. Her hair is always so stinking cute, at the pool, out walking her dog, and even randomly at 7:00 on a Thursday night. Anyway, she works her magic and after 45 minutes and a handful of hair later my hair is free. Yay!

Let's just say momma is going to lay down a few more rules before agreeing to play hair salon again.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts