Sunday Mud Day


Marshal bought a jeep his senior year in high school; two weeks after we started dating. He spent hours working on it. For years that was all he wanted for his birthday and Christmas presents-stuff to fix up his jeep. That jeep took me on many adventures with Marshal. It also caused me to get grounded at least once. Darn thing stood out in Russellville and I couldn't get away with going anywhere without my parents seeing me. Ugh! 


Living in Russellville growing up, there wasn't a lot to get out and go do, so many weekends we would end up in the woods somewhere with all of Marshal's friends and we would go mudding. All of the guys had either a jeep or a jacked up truck. I loved my days of mudding in the jeep. The dirty the better. I wouldn't consider it a good weekend unless someone got stuck. It was just plain and simple fun. 


About a month ago one of Marshal's friends, Marc, bought a jeep. He started going to this place in Missouri where you could ride trails, climb rocks, and play in the mud. Last Sunday (when we should have been working on the patio) Marc invited us to go with them. I was super excited. It had been, ok we won't say how many years, but a really long time since Marshal and I had really taken an opportunity to get the jeep out and have some fun. I was actually planning on it being a day date event for Marshal and I, but the kids heard us talking about it and wanted to come as well. I am glad they came. They had such a blast. 


It was a little cold, but the whole place was really beautiful. 


Some trails were so steep, you were literally glued to the back of the seat seeing nothing but sky. Or the opposite, where you were just super happy that the seat belt was holding strong, as you were going straight down.


Just the right amount of mud and despite Ashlynn's silly look, slinging mud was the kids favorite part. Jaxton kept saying, "through the mud daddy. "


It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon and I can't wait to go again! 




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts