13th Anniversary Card

So it turns out I am a major cheapo when it comes to cards. I am sorry Hallmark, but I just refuse to buy $3.99 plus cards. To me they have very little value and end up in the trash sooner or later. That doesn't mean I don't think you should say sweet things to people for their birthday, anniversary, etc. I would just rather do it in a more personal, cheaper way. I bought a big box of blank cards and have been using them for everything. I think the box was $2.99 and I just write my own words, from my own heart to give to people.

I decided this year instead of buying or writing a card to Marshal, I would just blog to him.

Marshal,

Thirteen long years, you would say. I can't believe it! It makes me feel really old actually. It doesn't feel like this day was five years ago, much less 13!


I was crazy happy to be marrying you and I think I thought I knew what love was that day. Ha, I had no idea.


A year and three homes later you had moved us to Louisiana. Boy did I hate it there. I know now looking back on it, it was what we both needed to grow as a couple and stop being two only children that relied on our parents for everything.

By year number four we had, had our first child. Wow what a crazy life changing event that turned out to be. I struggled big time being a new mommy and still finding time to be a wife. That was the year I gave my heart to you completely. Anything I thought I knew about love grew in the most intense way and I learned that there is absolutely nothing more romantic then watching your husband hold and love your baby girl.


Shortly before our seventh anniversary I took you on your 30th birthday surprise cruise. Worse trip ever! But there is no one I would rather have by my side trapped on a vomit covered ship than you! And hey I still love you bunches for carrying my passed out (from heat exhaustion) self all over the Yucatan Peninsula.


Our eighth year was a hard one for me and probably for you too. I lost our surprise baby and it crushed me. I know you didn't know how to help me, but you were by my side the whole time and I will always treasure the time you spent holding me.

This years anniversary picture has to be my absolute least favorite. I was pregnant with Jaxton and felt like a big blob. You however still made me feel beautiful, even though I know you are not a fan of a pregnant girl.


If that was my least favorite, the tenth year is my all time favorite. Yay for the anniversary trip to the Bahamas! Two children later, that trip was the absolute best. You and I just soaked in our minutes together.


Our eleventh year we bought a new house. Talk about stressful. Wow what a difference it is moving a whole family verse just the two of us. That was the year that I discovered I could do anything as long as you were by my side. You literally were my strength.


Our twelfth and thirteenth have brought on their own set of ups and downs, but that's the thing that keeps me growing in my love for you each day. You and I take each up and each down together. I love that you are my favorite person to be with and that everything, yard work, housecleaning, laundry, etc are always more fun as long as you are with me. You are my perfect other half and I love you so much big bunches sometimes it feels like my heart might explode.

P.S. Will you remarry me so I can have some more cake?


Love,


Andrea

Comments

Popular Posts