Staycation

This still being in school, in June, thing totally stinks. However, it did happen to help me win a fabulous staycation weekend with my hubby. Which has me feeling like a pretty lucky girl.

You see it all started a couple of weeks ago when my best dance mom friend text me asking if I would like to go to the Blake Shelton concert. Well yes please! The tickets did come with conditions, conditions I could easily abide by, I couldn't pay for them, I couldn't sell them, and I had to do a random act of kindness. Y'all already know, from previous blog post, that random acts of kindness are kind of my thing. So yay Blake Shelton tickets for me!

Ok next step-child care. I am beyond blessed to live near my parents. I cannot even begin to tell you how nice it is to have your mom and dad so close. Being an only child also kind of gets me a little bit of spoiling on the parent end. Any ways having said that, there are times they can't babysit and I do have to actually find someone that can. I called my mom to see if they could watch the kids. She said she could, but there was a little problem. If she watched the kids Saturday night, she would have to take them the whole weekend because they already had plans to go to the cabin. It took me about 2.5 seconds to decide that this problem was definitely something I thought we could handle. Then, as if I wasn't already getting excited about a whole weekend of getting me time, my mom told me that since I had to work, she might as well just keep them until Monday evening. Three whole nights, kid free. Oh hello fabulousness! I love those kids more than my own life, but sometimes it is nice to have time to miss them. Plus Jaxton has a huge love affair with GeGe's cabin and I know that both Ashlynn and Jaxton adore every second they get to spend with their Nonnie and GeGe.

Soooo my staycation began Friday afternoon with alone time at the pool.


I read and relaxed and even managed to get a tiny bit of color on my always sooo white skin.

Once Marshal got home he joined me for a bit. Then we decided to come home and take a nap. There is just very little that I love more than I love naps. I didn't even care that it was 6:00 in the evening. We got up around 7:30 and decided to get ready and go out for dinner. Awe no children makes the restaurant possibilities seem endless. Our anniversary is just next week though, so we decided to not get too crazy with ourselves and ended up at Copeland's.





After dinner, we went back to the subdivision and hung out with some of our neighbors. We have some seriously cool neighbors. Lately it seems to be one of my favorite things to do, sit in a lawn chair and visit. We ended up back home somewhere around 12:30, so late, but not terribly so. I want to point this out and I want you to remember it, because you aren't even going to believe what we did next.

We slept. I mean like slept like we were still in college. When I woke up the next morning, I grabbed my phone to check to see what time it was. I really expected it was around 9:00 and was already trying to decide if I was done sleeping or if I wanted to snuggle back in. As soon as I saw my phone I had to take a screen shot because I couldn't even believe what time it was.


Who sleeps until 11:20?!?! As if that wasn't bad enough I didn't even get out of bed when I realized it. Nope, we laid their another hour or so before we got up. Ridiculous, but it felt fabulous.

Once we got up I did do a couple of chores that needed to be done, but then we decided we didn't really have time to get a whole lot done, so we went to the pool again. Ha!

We came home around 3:30 to get ready for the concert. We wanted to have time to eat before we met our friends at 6:00. We went to JJ's and grabbed a burger and then headed to Pinnacle Country Club where we were to meet.

As we were driving that way we saw this massive line. I am talking a mile long, four to five people wide, line. I was feeling extremely spoiled that I wasn't going to have to wait in that line. ( I stole this picture off of a friends Facebook page so you could see. Thanks Jamye! )


Nope in fact not only did we not have to wait in line, but we had time to hang out and grab a drink at the club before catching the shuttle.


I also had a lady tell me that I had great boots. Yay, for compliments!


We caught the shuttle around 6:45. They took us right up near the entrance and we were able to walk right in and get a great spot on the lawn. ( sorry random people in front of us for posting you all over my blog)








It was really nice. There was a breeze and the lawn was great. We had plenty of room to spread out and once the concert started I had room to dance and Marshal had room to stand perfectly still and watch me like I was an idiot. Ha. We even got this cute keychain that I thought was pretty clever.


Hey, it doesn't take much to amuse me.

I thought the concert was great. Cutie little 22 year old Hunter Hayes was great. He had a lot of energy and started the show off wonderfully. He also happens to sing one of my favorite songs: Wanted. So I loved getting to see him.


Blake Shelton was also great. He was funny and just really entertaining to watch.


He closed the show with one of my all time favorite songs, Footloose. He and his band sounded amazing and the crowd was having a blast singing with him.

Thank you Nick and Jill for a fabulous night! Marshal and I had such a great time!!!

Today is Sunday. I would tell you all about what I am doing, but it might be completely pitiful of me to admit that I have spent the majority of it lounging in my bed, loving every minute of the peaceful quietness going on around here.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts