Shortest Week Ever

This year's Destin trip was absolutely the quickest week ever. I have gone to Destin with my parents basically every summer for the last 21 years. We always have a good time and I love the familiarity of it. This year was extra great though. Having spent the last two years in a constant state of stress, this summer just felt like we could finally take in the big breath of relief we have been longing for, and just enjoy. (More on that in another post soon.)

Another super big plus, was that both kids have outgrown naps and are independent enough to play without someone having to be right on top of them the whole time. They both loved the ocean this year and basically wanted to spend every minute there.


Jaxton and Ashlynn made some fun new friends.





Marshal and I made new friends too. I even had a weak moment and let them talk me into borrowing their super ugly chair..... ( mercy look at those freckles)








Sunday and Monday were pretty overcast, but made for some fabulous boogie board waves.











Tuesday was sunny and gorgeous. I was happy to see the sun, but a portion of my lower legs and Ashlynn's back weren't so happy. It wasn't a terrible sunburn, but enough of a sunburn that we decided to take a break from the beach Wednesday and spent the day at the Track riding go carts and rides. The kids had a blast ( and I might have had a little fun too, beating some teenage boys that thought they could out drive me, sorry boys I have got many years of terrible driving on you. ;-) )




















We couldn't spend the whole day there and not get some beach time in somewhere. We decided to spend the evening on the beach crab hunting. We caught over 30 crabs and the kids loved it!!! Ashlynn had to orchestrate an official crab releasing ceremony. The kids really thought we needed to keep them all as pets.














Thursday my mom and I squeezed in a massage around our beach time. We have this guy we have gone to at the Aveda Spa in Destin for years. He is so fabulous at his job! I tried to pack him up in my suitcase and bring him home as my souvenir.

Post spa happy!


Thursday night was family night at the Harbor.


























And you haven't seen anything until you have seen a bunch of 70 year old ladies tap dancing to Pharrell William's song Happy.


Friday morning Ashlynn and I went parasailing. This was not my favorite year for that. Ashlynn loved it and said it made her feel like a bird. I was kind of scared the whole time. We kept getting caught in these cross winds and it was rocking and jerking us all over the place. Being the adult though I put on my happy brave face. We did get to see a sea turtle, which made me smile.











Friday morning Marshal and I had a date morning. We went back to school clothes shopping for the kids and me and ok even Marshal. It was really great to clothes shop without the helpers that are always rushing me because they are bored.

One thing I look forward to every year is the food. Not only is it the one place I love getting my fill of crab legs and fruity adult beverages, I love love the atmosphere of eating with the ocean view. So relaxing and nice. Relaxing + food= hello perfectness for Andrea. You guys know how much I love my food!












































It was a perfect week of family time and vacation.














Just as a random side note, Jaxton has started saying things and including baby to them. Like " ok babe y" all drawn out and cute. I think my favorite "baby" saying was on the trip down he turns to my dad and randomly says " look at this face baby", while putting his hand under his chin. What a mess that boy is. Not sure what we would do without him to keep us on our toes.



- Posted using BlogPress from my

Comments

Popular Posts