Dear Santa, Help a Momma Out

Oh my mercy, my boy, my boy!

The last part of this year has been pretty darn difficult. Between my headaches and my grandpa passing away, Christmas decorating was pretty darn thrown together. I was feeling good I got it done though. Part of Christmas decorating, is each child gets to pick two things, they want to ask Santa for, and we write it on the plate. I love this because it allows my planner personality to get started on what, when and how I want to buy things.


My sweet girl child, picked her two things and has stuck with it the whole time. My boy child also picked two things. The sticking with it part.......oh I could just scream.

Jaxton asked for a lightsaber and a Spiderman web shooter toy. These both seemed simple enough. I get on Walmart online and see the lightsaber he wants. To my surprise they are actually sold out at most of the local Walmart's and sold out online. I see the Jane Walmart has them in stock. The next morning, I rush to the Jane Walmart and buy both the light saber and the spiderman web shooter.





I am feeling pretty good getting the two must haves taken care of. Well, I get to looking at the lightsaber and the darn thing doesn't light up. What kind of light saber doesn't light up? I make the decision that even though it it's the one Jaxton wanted, he would be disappointed that it didn't light up. I return it to Walmart and order a different one online.

Fast forward a month. My Christmas shopping is all done. Presents are wrapped, Santa 's gifts are organized in the attic. Life is good.

Saturday night we are sitting around at dinner and we're talking about going to see Santa on Sunday. Jaxton is a big talker. If you have ever been around him for more then two minutes, you know this is true. Because of this, I felt the need to talk to him about how other children will be waiting to see Santa and we need to keep our conversation with Santa to just a quick " I would like______for Christmas. " As we are having this conversation, Ashlynn starts telling Jaxton a what not to do scenario. Any way it leads to Jaxton telling Ashlynn in great detail about this Spiderman web shooter toy he wants. As he is doing this, I realize I bought the wrong toy. What he is describing is not at all what I bought. Well crap! As soon as I get the kids to bed I start quickly doing a Walmart search for the toy. Yep, sold out online and at every single Walmart within 50 miles except one. Pleasant Grove Walmart. I quick as I can reserve in online. Whew, dodged a bullet there. We can run by after church Sunday and all will be right in the world once again.

After church we go to Walmart. I have Marshal drop me off at the door, for what is sure to be a quick in and out trip. I don't have my cellphone with me, so I take Marshal's in to have the reference number for my order. I get back there just to find out the site-to-store website is completely down. They cannot look up my order. In fact they didn't even receive my order. No worries,we will just help you find the item on the self. Well, 45 minutes later, a complete walk through of the entire store, and I am still standing there without the spiderman web shooter action figure. Ugh! The lady had one last attempt to locate the toy. The store system says they have two in stock. She tells me if I have the time to wait, she can go look in the boxes in the deleted items trailer. Twenty minutes later, this poor Walmart employee comes back out covered in sweat and dirt holding my Spiderman Web Shooting Action figure. Awe, yes! Mother of the freaking year right here!


Now by this point Marshal is pretty sure I have been kidnapped from the Walmart by a crazy person, but I am too excited to get into his "I've been stuck in the car with two children for over an hour" mood.

We drive to the mall, wait in line for an hour to see Santa. It's finally our turn. Yay! Ashlynn goes first. Just like a perfect little angel,she tells Santa she wants American Girl doll clothes and Orbeez  spa stuff. Check and check!

Now Jaxton's turn. I am standing there with my chest puffed up, all proud that I fought the good fight to get my sweet little boy this perfect Spiderman toy he is going to ask Santa for. Santa turns and asked " What would you like for Christmas ? " Jaxton replies, " I want a Lego set and a transformer. "

WHAT! Oh my mercy whose child is that? You have got to be kidding me! For a month now it's been the same thing, a lightsaber and a Spiderman web shooter. Now four days before Christmas you decided nope, I want Legos and a transformer. Oh this is just perfect.


Well buddy, I hate to tell you, unless Santa decides to help a momma out, you are stuck with the lightsaber and Spiderman.


Surely to goodness my momma didn't have to shed blood, sweat and tears for Pound Puppies, Teddy Ruxpin and Cabbage Patch dolls. Kids these days....... Ha!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts