It is Wild That She is Ten!

I have been a mom for ten years today! That is crazy to me. I still feel like a new mom. I will be honest and say, most days I still have no clue what I am doing.None the less, my baby girl is TEN! Double digits! Hold up both hands! Next year we'll have to start adding in toes!

I started planning her party last November. No joke. I seriously messaged the cake pop lady last November, to ask her if she would be willing to teach Miss Ashlynn's friends how to make cake pops. I know...


This past Saturday was the big day. Ashlynn decided she wanted a jungle theme party. It ended up being a lot of fun to decorate for and I loved learning how to make cake pops! It is a good thing I am a busy person, because I see myself just sitting around and making a big ol slopping mess in my kitchen making a million cake pops and then eating the darn things. Oh my mercy, can you imagine? It was just so fun!














Welcoming the first few guest.



Photo Backdrop Pictures


I have to point out that Ashlynn designed and made Ashley's ( her American Girl doll) dress all by herself. I was pretty impressed!


Then for the real fun, the cake pop making!


Didn't they do great!


I wanted to make sure and document this one well. It looks to me like Marshal is looking at the carpet as though he made a mess. Hmmm... Just saying if I find blue icing in the carpet...


After all of that hard work making these fabulous cake pops, we didn't want to eat our hard work. Rick's cake it is!








She had a great party with some great friends!

Today, for her actual birthday, she had to take the PARCC assessment. Ugh! She was pretty bummed about it. Nonnie and Jaxton did bring her lunch and all of her dance friends sang to her tonight at dance. She was also beyond thrilled to score some fun new American Girl things. Hopefully that made up for the yuckiness of the school day just a bit.


Happy 10th birthday Ashlynn! Thank you for making me a momma!

Comments

Popular Posts