New York Girls Trip

If you are my Facebook friend you might have picked up on the fact that I recently went on a trip to NYC with my mom. To say she was excited, is an understatement. Or maybe she was checking in on Facebook everywhere we went because she didn't trust me to keep her safe. You have to love Charlotte!

Seriously, Ashlynn, my mom and I had the best time! I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to go on such a fun trip with them. We were actually celebrating my mom's 60th birthday and it was my mom and Ashlynn's first trip to NYC.

As soon as we got there we hit the ground running. We were lucky to have a cute hotel right off of Times Square.


As soon as we get checked in, we went to all of the fun little stores there.
Ashlynn got wide eyed at the walls and walls of m&m's. We all had fun making personalized m&m's with Ashlynn and Jaxton's name on them. So cool! 
 
Kit Kat is Jaxton's favorite. I was disappointed they didn't have a jumbo size of my favorite at the Hershey store. Poor me. 
I took the girls to my favorite restaurant, Juniors Cheesecake, where I was apparently too excited about the food to take any pictures.

The next day's adventures included Central Park and hitting up Broadway to see Wicked. I really wish I could have bottled up Ashlynn's excitement! She was literally giddy!




Afterwards, I semi-taught the girls to work the subway. I was really missing my friend Jenn for this part. I managed to get us everywhere we needed to be, but it took me a few minutes to get my bearings and figure out what train we needed to take to where.  I did successfully keep Charlotte from asking any strangers for help. That to me was a total win!

We visited the Empire State Building. Absolutely love that view!




Took the ferry to Staten Island so we could get a good view of the Statue of Liberty. I loved looking at my mom and Ashlynn's faces light up as they took in the beauty. The Statue of Liberty is one of those sights that I don't think could ever get old.


I was also excited to get to see the completed 9/11 memorial. Last time I went, the tower pools were all that had been completed. This was the only part of the trip I missed my dad and Marshal. I know they would have appreciated, the phenomenal effort, that had been put into the memorial. I am not sure how long it took us to walk through the entire place, but I can tell you that never have I had, constant chill bumps, for so long in my life. It was also awe striking that a building could be filled with thousands of people, yet you could have heard a pin drop. I am so thankful to have such a beautiful place to visit, dedicated to such a tragic day in the individual lives of so many.





To say we stopped and relaxed is laughable. However, I feel like we did try and stop and soak in beautiful moments any chance we got.







Such a great trip! Such a fun time! Lots of memories made! I know the three of us are so thankful for the opportunity we had for a girls trip together!

P.S. I did make the girls take me to Carlo's Bake Shop, Home of the TV Show Cake Boss. Hmmm well, it was ok....I am so sticking with Rick's Bakery, who by the way messaged me on IG to ask my permission to use one of my photos in their store. I know, I am so famous! You can have my autograph if you bring me some cake in a cup. Ha!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts