Christmas Disney Cruise 2013

We did something totally different this year for Christmas break. We, along with Marshal's parents, went on a Disney Cruise.

We had Christmas day at home with our traditional seeing what Santa brought and opening presents. My parents came over for lunch and then Marshal's parents came over that evening. I was so terrible this year; I hardly took any pictures and to be completely honest didn't even take time to enjoy the day. That I regret. I was so concerned about getting all of the Christmas decorations taken down, getting the house cleaned up and getting packed. My mom was a huge help with that and I appreciate it. This Christmas season was very overwhelming for me. I know I didn't take the time to reflect on the birth of Jesus and God's gift to the world. I am thankful that I have everyday to do that and am not just tied down to one day or one season. Making God a propriety is definitely part of the
"me " time thing I talked about in my last post.

Anyways, we drove to Galveston on the 26th so that we could be ready to board the ship on the 27th. Ashlynn researched the ship and all of the details on the drive down. She was excited and ready. Jaxton didn't really know what to think, but he loves going on vacations and staying in hotels so he was excited too.

The ship was beautiful and we all had our favorite parts of the trip.








The couch turned into a bunk bed. The kids were all about that.

















Ashlynn loved the swimming pools.


This is the main pool. They had a big screen playing Disney movies.


This is a picture of the adult only pool. Notice anything different?


Marshal and I enjoying some adult time at the adult pool when the kids begged to go to the Oceaner Kids Club. (side note: They both said they had fun at kids club, Ashlynn went on an on about it, however neither child wanted to go back so that was our only alone time. Not complaining just saying.) It was nice alone time. I didn't like the massive amount of people around the main pool and the kids pool. So the quiet of the adult pool actually gave me some swim time. ( additional side note: They heat the pool water to 82 degrees. M thought that was too hot. It was perfect for me.)








I love this Ashlynn in action shot.





Jaxton loved seeing all of the characters. We got to meet all but two of the characters available on the ship. It was kind of a scheduling mess trying to get them all, but I'd say we did pretty good. Here are pictures of some of our favorites: ( we met 17 total so even though it doesn't feel like it, I did spare you from some pictures- promise. )














I will explain why we are dressed like that later. We aren't crazy, ok well at least not completely.








Yay! Princess Anna from Frozen! Love that movie! We got to watch it again on the ship. They had two theaters. One had current in theater Disney movies. The other was broadway type Disney performances. We saw a little of both. Marshal opted out of the best performance, in my opinion, to go watch Thor. Somehow I think we both were happy with our show choices in the end though.








Marshal loved being able to eat whatever, whenever he wanted. The Disney ship was a little different than other cruises I have been on. They had three main dinning rooms. You were assigned to a different dinning room each night. They were all unique and gave you a different dinning experience each night, which was pretty neat. Your dinning team travel with you to the different restaurants so you did have the same servers the whole trip. And of course they had the buffet you could go to whenever, along with the we serve pizza morning, noon and night place.











Shaun, one of our servers, was so good with the kids. She always made the kids Mickey ketchup. I should note we ate lots of Mickey shaped things, sprinkles, ice cream, waffles, chocolate, I don't even remember it all.








I loved how clean everything was. I mean this was my kind of ship. They had someone passing out antibacterial wipes everywhere. Some one was constantly cleaning the bathrooms and I mean constantly, like after each person that used the community bathrooms they cleaned it. They also cleaned our cabin room twice a day. No germs makes me smile. I didn't take a picture of the antibacterial wipe people, although I should have. I also failed to take a picture of the bathroom cleaning people. My bad, but here is a picture of our cute towel animals. Totally disappointing as far as showing my love for all things clean, but they will have to do.








I think we would all agree our absolute favorite day of the trip was the day in Cozumel. I know some people are cruise people. While, I think it was an awesome experience for the kids, and we did all have fun, Marshal and I are definitely more resort people.


It felt so odd seeing Christmas decorations out. I am definitely not use to being in my bikini in December.

We have some friends that go to Cozumel like five times a year. Ok maybe it isn't that much, but anyway Marc was great to tell Marshal all about the island. We felt comfortable exploring on our own and didn't sign up for any of the ships explorations. We found this great beach club. It was perfect! They had a little bit of everything. Beach fun, a water blow up thingy ( very technical term I know) and a water park. They also had an amazing staff that made sure we were well taken care of.


While Marshal took the kids out to play, I got a beach side massage. Awwwwe those are the best. Cheap, ocean waves, gentle breeze and those ladies are usually really good at their massaging. Just thinking about it makes me smile.


























They even had a piƱata for the kids. Ashlynn and Jaxton loved that.






That night when we got back on the cruise they had a big pirate deck party. It was pretty great. Everyone dressed up like a pirate ( even the characters) and met up on the deck. They had dance music and fireworks. Mickey Mouse even zip lined across the ship. Let's not forget the midnight dessert buffet. Hello yumminess!








Not a very good picture, but the characters were up on stage dancing and they showed it up on the big screen so everyone could see them better.


Even Jaxton danced. Of course Marshal and I got in on the dancing action. We want to embarrass our kids every chance we can. Ha.



Fun times! Stay tuned as the fun continues in San Antonio for New Years.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts